With NJTSS-ER, a multi-stage, systemic approach is used to integrate
essential components across three tiers of support to enable all students
to effectively acquire early reading skills.
It takes multiple years to integrate components of NJTSS-ER into schools.
To advance NJTSS-ER, foundational knowledge is needed in:
- Team-based early prevention
- Assessment & data-based decision making
- Research-based priority early reading skills
Essential NJTSS-ER Components
Student needs are assessed via:
- Universal screening
- Student progress monitoring
Data are used to guide implementation of:
- Tier 1 instruction for all students
- Tier 2 and 3 interventions
Multiphase, Staged Integration
Within multiple phases, leadership teams engage in a staged approach to integrating NJTSSS-ER components into schools.